Closed Assessment Tasks – (have one right/wrong answer, provide limited opportunity for students to demonstrate higher levels of understanding & proficiency)
- observation e.g. Simon says,
- Listen and Draw
- multiple choice
- comprehension checks
- quick/exit quizzes
- ordering sentences/pictures
- rewrite a text in first/third person, in a different tense
Open Ended Assessment Tasks – (have a wide range of responses and provide students with the opportunity to demonstrate higher levels of understanding and proficiency)
- 1,3,10 Timed Write – Keith Toda
- Cutting up the Evidence – Senora Jota Jota
- Retells – students retell the story
A = Retold story incorporating new details and vocabulary (structures) from previous stories or other TCI situations/activities correctly.
B = Retold story incorporating new details – who, what, where etc
C = Retold story exactly as created with his’/her class.
D =Words and/or phrases ( not sentences). Isolated use of target structures.
- Free Write – 10 minutes of writing. A = incorporating lots of new details and vocabulary from previous stories appropriately into a largely (but not entirely) original story B = incorporating a few extra details and vocabulary from previous stories appropriately into a class story C = retelling a class story D = unconnected sentences. E = list of words
Follow this link to see ACARA templates: