I would like to share with you a variety of links which we will either be covering at our PLC Student Free Day or will be useful as a follow-up afterwards. This hopefully will make it easier if all the links are together so that we can refer back to it later or pass on to others who were unable to join us.
Our schedule for the day will be:
8:30 – 9:00am meet and greet, grab a cuppa
9am Aim (French) demo with Sarah Slee
10am Circling workshop
11:30am Strategies to assist with recording student progress
1;45pm Assessment & ACARA
– Assessment and reporting parameters and issues
– Designing assessments to reflect the AC intentions and AS
– Connections between TPRS & the AC
1, Martina Bex has a great post entitled, What is Circling and it includes a free PDF hand out.
2. Terry Waltz has circling cards available through her website, Mandarin Through Comprehensible Output as well as a Prezi demonstrating how to use them.
3. TPRS Q & A also has a post called What is Circling And How to do It?
4. TPRS Q & A is a great blog and this post entitles What Does the Goddess Laurie Clarq say about Circling is well worth reading.
5. A French Demo At a Blaine Ray Workshop – Carla Tarini is being coached by Blaine Ray on how to circle.
6. Circling does not always go smoothly or predictably which can be said of just about anything involving children and/animals, so they say! Keith Toda wrote a blog entitle Circling Troubleshooting which will help you identify why your circling efforts may not feel successful!
7. Here is another great video! This one is of Terry Waltz working with students for their first Chinese lesson. Here you can see Terry demonstrate a multitude of skills one of which is circling!
8. TPRS Lesson Demonstration – Great PDF which breaks down of circling
1. Martina Bex posted recently, End of Term Assessments which although definitely aimed at high school teachers, included some great ideas & interesting clarifications.
2. Fluency Writes (Free Writes) by Judith Dubios on her fantastic blog called TPRS Witch can be read here: http://tprs-witch.com/fluency-writing-2/ This post explains both what fluency writes are and why they are so useful.
3. Bryce Hedstrom’s Blooms Taxonomy for Foreign Language Instruction
Looking forward to our Student Free Day!! See you there and thank-you for supporting it!